Thursday, October 23, 2014

So Satisfied

So here's the rundown on White House Custom Color:

The samples they sent of their textures and finishes along with different types of paper were shown with photos. The test prints were mailed with a document mailer (they said boxes would be used next time along with document mailers) and a transparent plastic magazine bag with a flap that adheres to the bag for secure closing, holding the contents within. The prints were also held in a folder with a sheet talking about their services. Sample photos were in their own individual bag.

When I took my prints out, I was pretty impressed. It looked just like it did on my monitor (they ask you to assign color profiles to your images to ensure this) and then the Lustre finish is more than I could have possibly accomplished with my home printer. I definitely find the paper worthy of being sold.

Here are my owls, blown up beside the originals.



I tried to get the texture/finish as best I could with my tablet's camera. I love it. I'm talking to etsy right now about using WHCC as my manufacturer. Hope they approve! Here's Dru as an 8x10 print. Original is on the right, print on the left.



We'll see what happens. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment