Friday, October 17, 2014

Portraits

Last month a friend of mine wanted some portraits done for her birthday. I hadn't picked up a pencil in a while and wondered how rusty I'd gotten. This was the result:




I didn't have a scanner at the time so some of the details are lost or there's a glare in weird places. Also I used watercolor paper as that was the thickest I had at the time. I decided that I would try again today using the pencils I found last night.




A practice in narcissism! Without my glasses. I used charcoal for the eyeliner and the turquoise graphite for the rest. In some places I went back over with an eraser pencil. I didn't know they made such things. Pretty cool for tiny mistakes in tight spots. Pretty smooth drawing.

Well, I'm about to take the kiddo outside. As always, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment