Thursday, October 9, 2014

Howdy!

I'm starting this blog so you can see behind the scenes while I'm constructing my artwork. Whatever frustrates me, or inspires me, it will be posted here.

Now to introduce myself:
I am Aimee Workman. I've been an artist all my life. I don't consider myself the highest caliber, and often you'll find that I'm totally lacking in self-confidence. However, it has been repeatedly brought to my attention that I'm good and that I should do something with my talent (thank you, kind peoples). So, here I am shamelessly advertising myself to all of you good people who happen upon this blog or any of the my other sites.

I write, I draw, I dabble in sculpting and jewelry work, knit, crochet, and I even sing from time to time with some good friends. You might even find me plucking on a mandolin here and there. I'm a stay-at-home mama with 1 little dude and an old goat for a husband (not literally, although he does eat everything he sees because of his crazy metabolism, and his facial hair kind of resembles one, not to mention his stubborness!). There's also a lovely dog that now inhabits my front porch; a recent addition to our family who we've named Rikku. A stray she was when I found her at my gate. I said hello and off she went to plant herself on my porch. Despite my allergies, we had to keep her. It seemed destined. Ha.

Now about my shop:
All I have for now are some digital images for instant downloading. You can put them on transfer paper, or print them out to frame (I try to size things for typical frames), or whatever you like as long as you do not resell my images in any form. In the near future, I will be putting up pieces of homemade jewelry, physical drawings, or prints, possibly paintings, knitted items, patterns for knits, and more. It's going to take some time to get the proper materials needed for packaging and whatnot. But for now, take a look. Tell me what you think! And if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

You can find links to my shop and facebook page under the "About Me" section of my blog. Thanks for stopping by!





"The Powder Blue Owl" 2014 by me, Aimee S. Workman. Originally a pencil and paper drawing, but then I ran it through an art program on my computer to alter it to how you see it now. One version of the final product. Digital Art Instant Download in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment