Friday, October 10, 2014

Project Autumn

After last night's fiasco with watercolor (grumble, grumble) I resolved that I wouldn't swing the hammer down on myself too hard and instead started drawing earlier this evening on THIS!


Oh, I know. Not much there to see just yet, but there will be. There will be all sorts of autumn flowers surrounding this lady and that right there will be the major challenge. I mean, all those petals. Alas, there will be no color unless I do it digitally at a later date. Oh, but the oranges, and reds... yellows... (pout). Honestly, though, I'm too indecisive about things to physically put color to my drawings. There's a lot of erasing that goes on when I work. 

While I was looking for references for the piece I'm working on, I stumbled across this nifty website called posemaniacs.com. So many poses for people! Now I don't have to slough through google images trying to find the position I'm looking for. Sometimes I just have a hard time getting an arm or a leg to look right, you know? What I find so awesome is that not only is it a picture of the position, but you can move the image around if you don't want to have someone looking dead-on at you. Also, if you have issues eyeballing things, they have a grid option. It's all well categorized too, which drastically reduces the search.  Cool, right?

Alright, folks. So I have some questions for you. What do you like to work with? Oils, pastels, etc.?  Is there another art form you'd like to try for which you are too apprehensive to attempt? How about epic fails? Do you have a hard time throwing those away? 

That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by!









2 comments:

  1. I had some fun bodypainting with ink a little while ago. I just wish it was more permanent, but I'm apprehensive towards tattoos. other than that I'd like to start drawing again myself.

    ReplyDelete