Friday, November 21, 2014

Wow

I went to check in with my Storenvy shop before heading to bed and found a message plastered to my screen about recent changes to their shopping experience and whatnot. I stumbled upon Storenvy not that long ago and decided go with them too with being able to list things for free, custom store page, being able to link it to facebook so people can shop directly from there, and other nifty things that etsy doesn't do with only having to deal with profits being taken from Paypal for using their services. Then today, BOOM! Hey, they want 10% commission (and this includes from your shipping) if people shop from their marketplace to get to your store, on TOP of what Paypal and now Stripe (whatever the customer chooses during checkout) take from whatever you make.

Now, I understand it's a business. And the previous things I've mentioned are pretty neat, but hotdog dudes, I'm just a tiny business person! I won't be shutting my store down and I won't be changing prices to accommodate this commission thing, so don't worry. Just another price I have to pay to try to get more exposure on this world wide web. And I still don't have to pay anything until "I" get paid, so still not that big of an issue. I kinda feel like doing a pros and cons type of deal between Etsy and Storenvy but I'm too tired for that right now. I like a lot of aspects of both, but it may prove a little more expensive for me to use Storenvy now.

I just wanted to let you guys know, in case any of you mess with either of my stores, that things will remain unchanged for you if you heard this news elsewhere. No panicking on your end, you hear?

Okay, NOW I'm going to bed. Geez.

No comments:

Post a Comment