Friday, November 7, 2014

And so, here it is...

BADUM! Awesomeness! For free for your printing pleasure, just click on the image to enlarge and right-click to save image! Use it as desktop wallpaper even! However, do NOT sell this image in any way. I will be putting this up for sale as a print on matboard later tonight on my storenvy site if you're interested in having a physical copy.



"Muse" 2014, 4x6 Image, 300 DPI, Unaltered from Original

My inspiration? Well, it's a mixture really. I started out with her face then I started drawing branches... BUT THEN this whole brain thing came to me out of nowhere. Right around the bottom of the drawing with the eyes, before there were eyes, I thought that it was starting to form this strange half of some crazy skull. BOOM! Muse. She's at the core (I'm not a neuroscientist, forgive me) and has given her inspiring eyes to the being she inhabits. Sorry that I'm late getting this on here. It took longer than expected to finish. 

Oh, back to the tidbits of inspiration. Alex Grey has been a long time favorite artist of mine. I like how visceral everything is without being in-your-face gory about it. The spirals are based on my interest in pantheism and the rest I'll keep to myself and let you ponder.

On to other things. My dad and stepmom have been incredibly supportive and gracious during this business of getting my art out to the masses. In fact, just this evening I received in the mail from Blick Studios (link here) each type of Prismacolor Turquoise graphite lead they had to offer, from my dad! It's an amazing feeling to have such confidence placed in my abilities! And of course I have others equally supportive though I don't think they'd like me typing out all of their names on here. I used my new graphite for the drawing I've posted here. Love!




I also have the non-photo blue, but I've never used it before so it'll be interesting to research in the next few days on it's use.

Well, that's all for tonight. I've gotta get back to drawing something else. Thanks for looking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment