Thursday, February 5, 2015

BEEN BUSY!

So, due to making banners and icons for Marauder Ex, an indie game developer contacted me to so some artwork for his game "Eternal Dragon"! It's a 16-bit culturally rich turn-based RPG with 18 playable characters. There's crafting of weapons and armor so you're not restricted to buying the best in the shops (this includes crafting of items as well), a plethora of sidequests, open environments and much more. Just check out Game-Zone Recreation's "Eternal Dragon" for yourself. Their website has a 10 + hour demo!

Eternal Dragon Facebook

Speaking of websites, I've thought about making my own. Something a little bit more pleasing on the eye than this blog. This commission has definitely made me think about trying to amp up my tiny career here. I'll let you know!

Here's the first two of the four the developer commissioned me for:


                         A Marketplace in Diheru, "Eternal Dragon" Game-Zone Recreation LLC


                                Overlooking Multia, "Eternal Dragon" Game-Zone Recreation LLC

Both pieces were done digitally with Gimp 2.8 (Multia was a mix between Gimp for PC and Infinite Painter for android). I'm actually becoming really comfortable with digital art! All I have is a 6-7 year old Bamboo Fun CTE-450 graphics tablet with only 512 pressure, but it works great until I can get the money for something better. There's a bit of tweaking once you install wacom's drivers before painting in Gimp, though. I kept getting this terrible "brush lag" when I turned on the pressure sensitivity. I don't have money to fork over nearly 500 for the latest Corel, or the money to purchase a laptop that uses something other than XP or Ubuntu. SO! I googled away and found this extremely helpful forum on GIMPusers. I had to disable color management AND uncheck some things in the View menu of the taskbar before my pen would work as I expected it to. 

In the future I do plan to sink some money into better equipment and software but it'll be after quite a few commissions. 

Here's another piece I did today after fixing the pressure sensitivity in Gimp:


 "The Sentinels". Morbid and weird? Check and check. I have this up for sale as a poster and an 8x10 print. In my Etsy and Storenvy shops.

I'll be researching website builders tonight. Wooo! Fun. Well, goodnight and hopefully my golden Sentinels won't keep you awake! Try this song out if I haven't damaged your psyche enough:



No comments:

Post a Comment